The mission of the CTSRC is to support the Connecticut Department of Transportation in developing and maintaining a state-of-the-art crash data entry, collection, and safety analysis system. The goals of the Center include:
- Development of efficient tools for the collection and analysis of crash data,
- Tracking, documenting and researching safety improvements and needs in the state,
- Researching and developing outreach programs to target Connecticut specific/identified safety concerns,
- Developing custom training and early intervention programs to assist law enforcement in collecting uniform, timely and complete crash data, and
- Conducting transportation safety research that has state, national and global implications and applications.